Monday, May 31, 2010

THE LAST WEEKEND OF MAY

It all started with an apple soaked mojito and Ennino Morricone playing on the speakers at an inspired lounge spot called WAITING FOR GODOT. Too ironic and too predictable that I would gravitate to a place named after a favorite Samuel Becket play. The Absurd follows me everywhere.


The above photograph is me waiting for Godot. The above photograph marks the beginning of the beginning of the whirlwind.

I could write a stream-of-consciousness, self-indulgent novel based on the last weekend, inspired by the joy and the chaos, my version of a Bret Easton Ellis novel.

For now, however, some adventures are best lived and best untold.

3 comments:

  1. Why are my comments getting deleted? Should I change my name?

    The mystery is probably not nearly as good as the story itself. This reminds me of those shitty army comericals where they ask the viewer "If your life was a book would anybody want to read it?" In my case the answer would be no. Probably a combination of me being a terrible story teller and the fact that I am boring.
    I feel like this blog is mini memorior of your youth.

    Sounds like beijing is fun. When are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best untold?
    Hmmm......I'm curious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beijing has been quite fun. I am back in a week. The story is probably better than the mystery, but for now, the story is stored in a bottle.

    The blog is a little memoirish, but is more focused on experiences over people. I would love to write some embellished stories about what I've been observing and seeing and doing.

    ReplyDelete